Browser extensions and other uses
- A bookmarklet (drag it to your bookmarks) by Ichiro Hiroshi to see all scripts used on the page,
— Quick source viewer by Tomi Mickelsson ( github, blog),
— jsbeautify-for-chrome by Tom Rix ( github),
— Stackoverflow Code Beautify by Making Odd Edit Studios ( github).
- Safari: Safari extension by Sandro Padin,
- Opera: Source extension by Deathamns,
- Sublime Text 2/3:CodeFormatter, a python plugin by Avtandil Kikabidze, supports HTML, CSS, JS and a bunch of other languages,
- vim:sourcebeautify.vim, a plugin by michalliu (requires node.js, V8, SpiderMonkey or cscript js engine),
- vim:vim-jsbeautify, a plugin by Maksim Ryzhikov (node.js or V8 required),
- Emacs:Web-beautify formatting package by Yasuyuki Oka,
- Komodo IDE:Beautify-js addon by Bob de Haas ( github),
- Beautify plugin ( github) by HookyQR for the Visual Studio Code IDE,
- gEdit tips by Fabio Nagao,
- Akelpad extension by Infocatcher,
- Beautifier in Emacs write-up by Seth Mason,
- Cloud9, a lovely IDE running in a browser, working in the node/cloud, uses jsbeautifier ( github),
- REST Console, a request debugging tool for Chrome, beautifies JSON responses ( github),
- wakanda, a neat IDE for web and mobile applications has a Beautifier extension ( github).
- Burp Suite now has a beautfier extension, thanks to Soroush Dalili,
- Netbeans jsbeautify plugin by Drew Hamlett ( github).
- brackets-beautify-extension for Adobe Brackets by Drew Hamlett ( github),
- codecaddy.net, a collection of webdev-related tools, assembled by Darik Hall,
- editey.com, an interesting and free Google-Drive oriented editor uses this beautifier,
- a beautifier plugin for Grunt by Vishal Kadam,
- SynWrite editor has a JsFormat plugin ( rar, readme),
- LIVEditor, a live-editing HTML/CSS/JS IDE (commercial, Windows-only) uses the library,
Doing anything interesting? Write us to email@example.com so we can add your project to the list.
Written by Einar Lielmanis, maintained and evolved by Liam Newman.
We use the wonderful CodeMirror syntax highlighting editor, written by Marijn Haverbeke.
Made with a great help of Jason Diamond, Patrick Hof, Nochum Sossonko, Andreas Schneider,
Dave Vasilevsky, Vital Batmanov, Ron Baldwin, Gabriel Harrison, Chris J. Shull, Mathias Bynens,
Vittorio Gambaletta, Stefano Sanfilippo and Daniel Stockman.
Run the tests